Gecko - Includes: 5.6 Oz Dacron Leading Edge, 170 MT Dacron Mainsail & Undersurface, Zoom Frame with Fast Speedbar, Carbon Dive sticks, Carbon Speed Battens.
The GECKO is designed for the upcoming and experienced recreational pilot. Originally designed to bridge the gap between the Malibu and the Litesport Class, the glider exceeds expectations, in handling just as much as in glide performance.
The GECKO is the perfect intermediate glider to introduce pilots to XC flying, with a powerful VG on an otherwise Intermediate planform.
- 7075 T6 aluminium alloy tubing airframe resulting
in a glider that is very responsive to weight-shift without compromising maximum pos/neg load requirements for certification
- Side-cable/luff-line compensation system eliminates unpleasant wire slack while launching, and at the same time guarantees solid pitch stability without compromising glider performance throughout the range of its exceptionally efficient VG system
- Black Zoom A-frame and Kingpost with aerofoil Fast speedbar easily upgraded to Carbon speedbar
- Carbon Divestick with unique spoon bill tip design, tapered to the trailing edge. Reduced weight reduces roll inertia.
- Cable geometry allows the Gecko to lay flat and pack up without any tricks.
- Carbon trailing edge speed battens to reduce flutter at speeds
- Durable 5.6 oz Dacron Leading edge
- 170 MT Dacron Mainsail & Undersurface, durable and colour fast
- Custom Colours (colour selector)
- PX Mylar leading edge in UV resistant white or silver
- Moyes Technora mainsail. UV resistant, ultralight weight with very low stretch and high tensile strength
- Coloured batten tapes. Adds a new dimension to customise your glider. Available in a range of colours
- Asymmetric undersurface with Moyes bird for that unique look!
- Aerodynamic profile
- Hand laid pre-impregnated carbon fibre
- Internal pressure cured at very high temperatures to ensure an attractive and durable finish
- Comfortable round hand grips
see stock gliders for fast delivery.
Gecko - Specifications
||155 sq. ft. (14.4 m2)
||31.7 ft. (9.66 m)
|Optimal Pilot Weight Range
||165 lbs +/- 22 lbs (75 kg +/- 10kg)
|Hook-In Weight Range
||155 - 220 lbs (70 - 100 kg)
||17 mph (28 kph)
||+56 mph (+ 90 kph)
Gecko - Colour Selector
Gecko - Asymmetric Undersurface
Gecko - Technora Mainsale & One Panel Undersurface
Gecko - Dacron Topsurface