Understanding The Sky
A guide for Balloonists, RC Modellers, Parachutists, Hang Glider, Paraglider and Sailplane Pilots.
- Learn the cause and behaviour of the wind
- Gain knowledge of lift patterns and types
- Find out how to predict flying conditions
- See how thermals are formed and act in the air
- Investigate the action of circulation and general weather
- Unlock the mysteries of seabreezes and other local effects
- Explore the world of micrometerology - small scale effects
- Become an expert at judging thunderstorms
- Discover the secrets of turbulent air
- Many more details including: cloud streets, heat fronts, trigger temperature, cloud types, inversions, low level jets, convergence, waves, cloud heights, site reading, gust fronts, upslope breezes, etc.
Author: Denis Pagen