The Conar Metamorfosi is recognised as one of the worlds finest reserve parachutes. It's back and now built by Moyes.
Tested and deployed in free fall by skydivers, the Conar Metamorfosi is one of the safest rescue parachutes ever built. So unique in its design, it has its own patent.
The Conar was invented by aviation enthusiast Angelo Crapanzano, of Metamorfosi, Italy in 1999. It was and still is an innovative pull down apex design of high quality, reliability and security, chosen by many of the worlds top pilots for their own security.
Moyes have now obtained the manufacturing rights to produce the Conar and to cater for the high demand of this superior reserve parachute. The same stringent testing and superior manufacturing will be provided by Moyes.
The quality of the Conar reserve has been demonstrated by hundreds of openings and has an unsurpassed range of features. Made from premium quality, lightweight materials, it has a unique fabric cone located in the vent which allows the parachute to open quickly; this is critical at low altitudes, helps reduce sink rate and improves stability
When the unexpected happens, you want the VERY BEST RESERVE, and you want it to work.
Choose Conar by Moyes - The Best form of insurance you can get
- Pulled down apex reduces sink rate and opening time.
- Reversed Apex cone further reduces sink rate, increases stability and reduces opening time, which can be critical at low altitudes
- Reduced surface area increases deployment speed
- Reduced weight facilitates the throwing action and improves deployment at low airspeeds
- Free fall tested to 150 metres, over 180 km per hour
- Currently available in 2 sizes
|Model||Gores [n°]||Weight [kg]||Area [m2]|
Here is a short video of the drop test from and aeroplane of the Metamorfosi Conar by Moyes 16 and Metamorfosi Conar 18. The 18 was tested with a 140kg (308lbs) of weight and the 16 was tested with a 100kg (220lbs) of weight.
Low level deployment
Downloads : Conar Manual (pdf).